Saturday, August 13, 2005

Phil Howard I.M.

Our colleague Phil Howard has died during his vacation from Pacific Northwest Ballet.
We worked together at so many occasions. Phil was a follow spot operator extraordinaire. A graceful man, who delighted the Dutchess with a personal "thank you" card after a pot roast dinner, she hosted for the PNB crew at our humble abode.
I still can't believe he's gone. There are so many places at McCaw Hall that remind us of him. Jeff suggested there should be a plaque in remembrance of him at the stage elevator.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith van Praag said...

Our thoughts go out to Phil's mom and other relatives. What a shock to learn of his death. Last time Phil and I talked was at J&M's house warming party. That was actually the longest conversation we ever had. I liked him. He showed interest in his nieces, young people's lives, his friends, my p.o.v. about America as a Dutch immigrant. I would have liked to have got to know him better. Now we had to learn from his obit that he was a balloon captain. Imagine that. He'll be remembered.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home